Headache Treatment Nashik
Head is seat of central nervous system and sensory organs, therefore most important part of body. Skull holds and protects brain and connects with different part of body for communication through nervous system. Eyes, ears, nose mouth form sensory organs directly connected with brain through nerves. Facial muscles gives universal expression understood across geographical regions. Scalp or skin of head is also unique in different area according to need.
Head is most common site of pain in body. Headache originates from the tissues and structures that surround the brain. The brain itself has no nerves supply, therefore cannot give sensation of headache. Common origin of pain is either covering layer (menengial) of brain, bones of skull; muscles that encase the skull, sinuses, eyes, and ears. Headache can also be from layer that cover the surface of the spinal cord; arteries, veins, and nerves and all can become inflamed or irritated to cause the pain of a headache. The quality of pain may be a dull ache, sharp, throbbing, constant, mild, or intense. Headache treatment in Nashik by Dr Pardeshi Acupuncture is effective adjuvant in its management.
The three major categories for headache are primary, secondary and those that belong under the cranial neuralgia group. Migraine headache are classified under primary headaches and are caused by enlargement of blood vessels in the brain. You should be able to recognize the potential triggers of migraine headaches especially if you are suffering from it on a regular basis. Headache treatment in Nashik by Dr Pardeshi Acupuncture Pain Therapy is effective adjuvant in its management.
Cause of Headaches
- Primary headaches – can be Tension headache, Migraine headache or cluster headaches. Tension headaches are most common. Migraine is second most common headaches. Cluster headaches are rare.
- Secondary headaches are headaches caused by primary pathology outside brain like hypertension, haemorrhage outside brain, trauma, or infections.
- Cranial neuralgias, facial pain, and other headaches.
What are primary headaches?
Primary headaches can affect the quality of your life. Some people have occasional headaches that resolve quickly while others are debilitated. While these headaches are not life-threatening, they may be associated with symptoms that can mimic strokes.
Tension type Headache (T-TH)
If you are having dull aching sensation or vice like constriction that usually involved whole head or part of it is sign of T-TH. We might find pain on pressure in neck muscles in this type of head ache. You may have combination of both and may not be able to differentiate between two.
Tension Headache May present pain
- That start in the back of the head and upper neck and is described as a band-like tightness or pressure. It may extend to encircle the head.
- With most intense pressure may be felt over the temples or over the eyebrows.
- May vary in intensity but usually is not disabling, allowing the sufferer may continue with daily activities. The pain usually is bilateral.
- Is not accompanied with an aura, nausea, vomiting, or sensitivity to light and sound.
- Occurs infrequently but can occur also daily in some people.
- Allows to functions in daily routine.
Acupuncture treats effectively tension headaches by three ways
- Acupuncture relieves pain by stimulating body to release natural analgesics like endorphins and enkephalins.
- Acupuncture relaxes muscular tensionthrough the nervous system causing reduction the tension headache pain.
- Acupuncture reduces stress and regulates the body’s stress response which is basic cause of the tension headache. Dr Pardeshi Acupuncture Pain Therapy specializes in treatment of tension headache in Nashik.
“The available results suggest that acupuncture is effective for treating frequent episodic or chronic tension-type headaches”
Common cold can culminate into sinus infection which causes the sinuses and nasal passages to become inflamed. Swelling of face is a common sign of this type of infection. Management of infection along with acupuncture can be convenient approach.
Migraine is usually one side of the severe throbbing pulsing sensation head pain. It may be accompanied by extreme sensitivity to light and sound, nausea or vomiting. Attacks can last for hours to days and can be so severe that the pain is disabling.
Aura or warning symptoms may occur before or with the headache. These can be tingling on one side of the face or in your arm or leg, flashes of light or blind spots. Migraines may follow through four stages though no t necessary: prodrome, aura, headache and post-drome, frequently begin in childhood, adolescence or early adulthood.
In prodrome stage one may notice , constipation, mood changes, from depression to euphoria, food cravings, neck stiffness, increased thirst and urination frequent yawning
Aura though no tneccerary, may happen before or during attack. The symptoms can be visual disturbances, such as flashes of light or wavy, zigzag vision. They can be also be as movement (motor) or speech (verbal) disturbances touching sensations (sensory). Muscles may get weak, or you may feel as though someone is touching you. They may last for 15 t0 40 minutes.
Attack lasts fro few hours to few days. Post-drome stage occurs after attack and is accompanied by confusion, moodiness, dizziness, weakness or sensitivity to light and sound.
The available evidence suggests that adding acupuncture to symptomatic treatment of attacks reduces the frequency of headaches. Contrary to the previous findings, the updated evidence also suggests that there is an effect over sham, but this effect is small. The available trials also suggest that acupuncture may be at least similarly effective as treatment with prophylactic drugs. Acupuncture can be considered a treatment option for patients willing to undergo this treatment.”